Table Of Contents
What Exactly Are Facebook Spy Apps?
So what do these Facebook spy apps actually do? Well, it’s exactly what it sounds like – they spy on Facebook. But the possibilities don’t end there. Tracking apps allow the user to view someone else’s Facebook messages, call and browser history, shared media, GPS location, and even record the keystrokes on the device. Sounds like something out of a spy movie, isn’t it? But it’s very much real.
These applications can be handy in different situations. In case your device was stolen, you would be able to track the device’s location and see what the culprit is doing with your phone. If you bought a new phone or lost your device and now have no access to your old data, this software can help you to back up and access the data in your control panel. Parents can use the application to ensure the safety of their kids both in the real world and online. Or it can be handy for an employer who wants to make sure that their employees are being productive and aren’t slacking off because of social media.
Our team has looked through dozens of apps that allow you to spy on Facebook and created an unbiased list of top 10 Facebook messenger tracking apps. The list is based on user ratings, functionality of the apps, pricing, security, support availability, and many other factors.
Top 10 Facebook Spy Apps That Allow You to View Someone Else’s Facebook Messages
mSpy is one of the most well-rounded and user-friendly Facebook messenger tracking apps so far. Apart from simple Facebook inbox messages tracking, one of its top features – Keylogger – allows you to record an entire keystrokes history (meaning you can see everything that’s being typed on the device without the user knowing about it). You can also get access to secret encrypted Facebook messages.
- The app runs on all Android +4 devices and almost all iOS devices.
- It is very easy to install and navigate.
- It has excellent customer support that is available 24/7.
- Some subscription packages come with great discounts.
- You can run a free demo version of the app.
- The app has keyword alerts that can be controlled remotely.
- The Facebook spy chat messenger feature is only available on a rooted Android or a jailbroken iPhone.
- To set up the Keylogger feature, you need physical access to the device, so it’s better to enable it right away, while you still have the device with you.
FlexiSpy is another leading software provider when it comes to monitoring apps. With its help, you can easily view Facebook inbox, check messages details such as timestamp and contact info as well as download messages that you deem important. Another cool feature that FlexiSpy offers is a keyword search.
- The app is compatible with all devices running on Android OS 4.0.3 – 9, iOS versions up to 9.1, and Windows 7-9.
- There is a free demo version available for a test drive.
- There is a customer support center available around-the-clock.
- With their Extreme package, you will be able to record Facebook calls remotely.
- FlexiSpy is one of the more expensive software options as the cheapest one-month subscription is $68. If you don’t feel like you need that many advanced features and you simply want to monitor Facebook activity, you might settle for a cheaper alternative.
- The app doesn’t have a feature that would allow you to block unwanted or potentially dangerous messages or calls remotely.
- To install the application, you have to root the targeted device.
- The app is also quite hefty and requires a lot of storage – 200MB.
SpyBubble may not offer as many mind-blowing features as some other entries on this list, but it is definitely on a par with the best software for phone monitoring. It’s accessible from any browser and takes minimum time to install. SpyBubble is an easy way to view any activity on a variety of social platforms, including Facebook and Youtube.
- Compatible with all Android and iOS devices. Jailbreak is available for iOS versions 6 – 8.4; 9 – 9.1.
- There are discounts and special offers available for a limited time.
- You can get free online help with the installation.
- Shared photos and other media can be viewed in your tracking log.
- The app has a great list of features for an affordable price.
- There is no demo version to try out the app before installation.
- You can’t block websites or restrict calls.
- There is no live chat on the actual website, but you can reach the support team once you’re on the account creation page.
SpyEra is an undetectable supervising and monitoring software that can be installed on both smartphones and desktop computers. Probably the most noteworthy feature it offers is to buy a phone with an already pre-installed SpyEra application. Other than that, their list of services is quite similar to other spying apps.
- You can not only remotely control iPhones and Android devices but also computers running on Windows or MAC OS.
- There is an option to buy a new phone that already has the software installed. You will need to purchase a SpyEra license and then order a phone through their website.
- You can uninstall the app remotely without the physical access to the device.
- Online customer support available via chat or email.
- While the price is not that much higher than other alternatives, you can’t choose a subscription based on the features offered, only based on the device type.
- The support team response time could be faster.
- There is no demo available on the website.
TheTruthSpy is one of the more budget-friendly options you can find on the market. It is compatible with phones running on Android or iOS. It offers a pretty standard list of features such as GPS tracking and social media activity monitoring. Additionally, TheTruthSpy allows you to restrict access to the internet and potentially harmful websites.
- There is a free 48 trial period to try out the app.
- Customer support is available online via email.
- The app allows you to record calls in live mode as well as listen to the phone’s surroundings.
- The prices for the subscription packages are quite low compared to other software available.
- Facebook messages tracking is available only in Premium subscription.
- The app can eat up quite a lot of battery on the targeted device.
- Test runs showed that some of the listed features didn’t work as promised.
Most of XNspy’s features are focused on monitoring social media activity. XNspy can also boast some great remote control features that are not provided by other software. You can take live screenshots, and send commands to lock the device or remove/block apps or websites.
- The app can be used on both smartphones and tablets.
- You can view a live demo of the app before buying the subscription.
- You can set alerts to be notified when a specific keyword is used in chats and text messages or when a suspicious contact is engaging with the user.
- You can monitor Facebook messenger only if you choose a premium subscription.
- Some features work exclusively either on Android or iOS.
- Live location lookup feature is not available at the moment, however, it is marked as “coming soon”.
Spyzie is one of the more well-known apps that has a pretty good track record. It is quite feature-packed and lets you monitor a lot of social networks apart from Facebook. The app is available for both iOS and Android. However, you might notice that the functionality on iOS devices is much more limited compared to Android.
- No device rooting or jailbreaking is required. But you will need to have physical access to the Android device or iCloud credentials for an iPhone.
- You can choose whether you want the app to be visible or invisible on the device.
- Free app demo is available on the website.
- You can completely block Facebook messenger remotely.
- There are very few tracking options available for iOS devices. Facebook tracking can be done only on an Android device.
- Although the packages for iOS have limited features, the price is still as high as for the Android packages.
- The targeted device might get a bit laggy once the software is installed.
Hoverwatch is mostly targeted at Android users as most of the advanced tracking features can be used only on this OS. But it is available for MAC and Windows as well, just with less spying options. Physical access to the device is also required to install the app.
- You can track multiple devices from the same account.
- You can remotely uninstall the app and manage tracking options.
- While there’s no instant chat available, the website has a lot of useful guides and FAQs. They also give you an option to send a request to the support team.
- The app is not compatible with iPhones.
- Features offered for MAC and Windows users are quite limited.
Highster Mobile app can be used on both iOS and Android devices. You don’t have to root or jailbreak your device to install the software, but it might take you some time to go through all of the installation steps. The app offers you all of the basic device tracking features.
- No rooting or jailbreaking is required for the installation.
- You can view not only sent/received Facebook messages but also messages that have been deleted.
- The app takes up very little storage – it is only 1.95MB.
- There is an option to block any unwanted apps or webpages.
- No free demo version is available.
- Many users have experienced difficulties getting their refunds.
- It might take a long time for the support to get back to you as there is no live chat on the website, only email and their phone number.
MobileSpy is a spy tracker app that is compatible with all versions of Android and iOS devices. The app provides a great range of parental control features and has a clean user interface. You are also offered 4 different subscription packages that offer a great list of features.
- The software is very easy to install and use.
- You get great additional discounts for long-term premium subscriptions.
- Websites and apps can be blocked remotely.
- Keyword alerts can be installed and uninstalled remotely as well.
- There is a 24/7 customer support available.
- Social media tracking is only available in the premium plan.
- Your Android device has to be rooted to use the software.
- There’s no app demo available on the website.
Facebook Spy Apps FAQs: What You Need to Know
While preparing this guide, we’ve reached out to several support representatives of the top-rated mobile tracking apps to findout what questions about Facebook monitoring software users ask the most. Now, we’ll give you the answers to the most commonly asked questions that hopefully will be useful for you.
How can I trace the location of a Facebook user?
If a person is your friend on Facebook, you might try to find them through Facebook’s “Nearby Friends” feature. It allows you to see the location of your friends if they also have this feature enabled. If the person is not in your friend list, then the only way to trace them is to use tracking software.
Do spy apps read your private messages?
Yes. Depending on how advanced the functionality of the app is, it can either monitor only your mobile text messages or access your social media chats as well.
Is there a way to track Facebook calls?
Most definitely. Facebook tracking software allows you to not only track Facebook calls but also record them and view details of the call (time, duration, etc).
Can Facebook secret conversations be recovered?
Technically, it is impossible to restore a secret conversation once it was deleted or the device initially used to start the conversation was lost. However, if the tracking app was already installed on the device during the conversation, all the messages will be stored in the control panel of the app where you can easily access them.
How can I track a secret conversation on Facebook?
As secret conversations are accessible only on the device that was used to start the conversation, the only way to track the messages is to set up a tracking app on that device.
How do you know if he/she is using secret conversations?
One way to check this is to try and send that person a secret conversation. If that feature is not enabled on their phone, the message won’t be sent. That means they don’t use that feature at all or they have turned it off. The only way to know for sure is to either check their phone yourself or use tracking software.
What is cheating on Facebook?
Might come as a surprise, but Facebook cheating is a thing. While there are many factors that can prevent someone from the actual act of infidelity, there’s not much that’s stopping someone from inappropriate behavior on Facebook. Social media can easily be the source of mistrust between people and a reason for jealousy. Just think how many of your friends are constantly checking the profiles of their partners throughout the day.